Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thank You, Mr. President

We got the call at 1:30pm today, the one from the POTUS about his relocated speech.  "I want you all to know how much I regret that we're not all going to be together in one place this evening," he said.  'It's disappointing, I know.  My staff are crestfallen, and I know it's been especially hard for those who were waiting for tickets, and had expenses to get to Charlotte."  He then thanked us and all the volunteers who had received credentials for his stadium speech.  "I could not be prouder or more thankful for the work you and everyone's been doing....We will do everything we can to get you to an event near your home towns, try to get you a front row seat, between now and November."   Not much later, we got our invitation to attend the President's speech at a special "Watch" party tonight on the big screens in the convention ballroom.....


No comments:

Post a Comment